Thursday 22 October 2009

Hot Fridging





Apparently, one of the key indicators of recession is a rise in the number of people bringing their lunch to work.

Some agencies seem to have capitalised on this by investing in particularly small fridges, thus encouraging employees to arrive early so they can secure a place for theirs on its shelves.

For instance, I took this picture at 8.50am in the kitchen of a well-known south Manchester design agency:*




 The strategy can backfire though: Having finished earlier than expected, I grabbed my butties on the way out, only to discover at home that I’d made off with the Business Development Director’s brie and grape on brown. Sorry Julie.

*I feel it only fair to point out that since this picture was taken, the agency has moved into smart new premises that enjoy an expansive, American style fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment